- What Makes Us Tick
- Early Years
- Key Stage 1
- Negotiated Learning
- Phonics & Reading
- Kagan Co-operative Structures
- Key Stage 2
- Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures
- Embedded ICT
- Personalised learning
- Gifted & Talented
- Project Based Learning
- Collective Worship
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Outward Bound Trust
- Outward Bound - What to take to Aberdovey (3 day course)
- The Arts in Christ Church
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
“Many of the pupils who are disabled or who have special educational needs make rapid progress through careful attention to providing the right support.” – Ofsted, February 2012
All Lambeth Local Authority (LA) maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and are supported by the LA to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
The four broad ‘areas of need’ are Communication and Interaction, Cognition and Learning, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, and Sensory and Physical Needs.
What is the Local Offer?
The LA Local Offer
- The Children and Families Bill will become enacted in 2014. From this date, Local Authorities and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for the children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) aged 0-25. This is the ‘Local Offer’.
- The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
- You can find Lambeth's Local Offer HERE
The School SEND Information Report
This utilizes the LA Local Offer to meet the needs of SEND pupils as determined by school policy, and the provision that the school is able to meet. You can access this document below.
Your Child has Special Educational Needs or Disabilities. What can we at Christ Church Primary, SW9 offer you?
At Christ Church Primary, SW9, we embrace the fact that every child is different, and, therefore, the educational needs of every child are different; this is certainly the case for children with Special Educational Needs.
Please click on the questions below for more information about the Local Offer from Christ Church Primary, SW9 and how we can support your child: