- What Makes Us Tick
- Early Years
- Key Stage 1
- Negotiated Learning
- Phonics & Reading
- Kagan Co-operative Structures
- Key Stage 2
- Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures
- Embedded ICT
- Personalised learning
- Gifted & Talented
- Project Based Learning
- Collective Worship
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Outward Bound Trust
- Outward Bound - What to take to Aberdovey (3 day course)
- The Arts in Christ Church
Outward Bound - What to take to Aberdovey (3 day course)
- The children need to pack their bags and bring them into school on Friday morning.
- We leave at 6.00am on the 25th so please be at school by 5.45 am.
- The children need to have their packed breakfast and lunch in a separate bag. They also need to bring a bottle of water with their name on it. It is a long journey so they will need snacks to keep them going. (No fizzy drinks please)
- If you haven’t brought it in already, the children must bring a £10 equipment deposit. This needs to be in an envelope marked with their name and must be handed in to one of the staff members on Friday morning.
- The children are not allowed to bring phones or any electronic devices.
- PLEASE DO NOT PACK EXPENSIVE CLOTHES. All clothes must be labelled with your child’s name.
- If your child requires medication, please ensure that they have enough for the trip and that it is handed in to Miss Wordlaw on Friday morning. You will need to complete and sign the dosage form for us to be able to administer the medication.
- If your child gets travel sickness please tell a member of staff prior to the trip and bring in travel sickness tablets so that we can give one to your child for the return journey.
- Your child must be collected by an adult on their return to school on Sunday (approx 7.00 - 8.00 pm) We will text with updates for ETA.
- Please fill in you your most up to date mobile phone numbers on the slip below so that we can make sure you are getting the text updates.
- We will text to let you know when we have arrived at the centre. We are hoping that this will be by 7.00pm at the latest.
- The contact number for the Aberdovey Centre is 01654767464. This is only to be used to contact the staff in an emergency. You will not be able to ring for an update on your child’s weekend. We will text regular updates throughout each day.
Kit list reminder
As small a bag as possible to hold:-
- At least 1 set of clothes that can get wet/muddy - t-shirt, shorts/jogging bottoms
- I pair of shoes that can get wet/muddy
- Towel and swimwear (for use on activities)
- Clothes to wear on dry activities t-shirt, jumper, jogging bottoms or trousers (no jeans). These may also get dirty but shouldn’t get wet or overly muddy. They can re-wear these clothes.
- Clothes to wear when they are not on activities.
- 1 pair of shoes to wear for dry activities (preferably trainers)
- 1 x jumper or hoodie
- 1 x coat that can be worn during activities (fleece tops are ideal)
- Underwear (at least 5 pairs)
- Socks (at least 5 pairs)
- Toiletries (sun screen,) and a towel for (for use in showers etc)
- Packed lunch, packed breakfast and snacks for the journey to Wales (no fizzy drinks). This can be packed in a smaller rucksack/bag
The children do not need to bring spending money as there will be no opportunity to go to the shop. They must bring a £10 equipment deposit that will be returned to them if they do not lose any centre equipment.