Our school lunches are freshly prepared and cooked on site every day by Caterlink.
Every day there is a choice between one meat and two other (vegetarian/fish) main dishes, a selection of vegetables, bread, salad cart and pudding, or yoghurt or fresh fruit.
For catering purposes, our chef needs to know exact numbers of children having a school lunch so that he can order and cook the correct amount of food. If children have a school dinner, then the expectation is that they have a dinner every day; and likewise, if they choose to bring a packed lunch, then they do so every day. It causes problems with the kitchen when children chop and change between packed lunch and school dinners.
If your child wishes to change from school meals to packed lunches, or vice versa, the school requires a term’s notice of the change. Please let the office staff know. From 1st May 2017, a school lunch will cost £1.95 per day (£9.75 per week).
Payment should be made in advance weekly or termly to the school office. Please put your payment in an envelope clearly marked with your child’s name.
If your child has a packed lunch please make sure it is healthy!
- A drink – bottled water or juice (no fizzy drinks please!)
- A sandwich with an appropriate filling (not chocolate spread) OR a pasta or rice dish.
- A piece of fruit
- Dessert – small piece of cake or individual cake /mini biscuit packet/yoghurt – NO sweets or chocolate please!
Free School Meals
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit